St. James Protestant
Episcopal Church, 1859, 1968.
Mine operators Richard Sharpe and Francis Weiss were leaders
in the formation of the Episcopal Church in Eckley. Mr.
Sharpe's brother-in-law, the Reverend Peter Russell, was
the first rector. Like the Presbyterian Church, St. James,
the congregation declined in the twentieth century, and in
1938 the structure was removed. A nearly identical sister
church, St. Paul's Protestant Episcopal Church of White
Haven, was moved to this site in 1974.
are some Images of the Protestant Church
on any image to see a larger version